Saturday, September 11, 2010

Colourful Abstracts by Wassily Kandinsky

Hello all, I am so tired that I think I might sleep for several days!

I’ve just returned from my parent’s house where we had our annual family gathering (Hari Raya celebration). We try to do this annually but sometimes not many people turn up coz everyone is busy doing their own thing. But this year is different, almost everyone came. My aunties, uncles, cousins, nephew, you name it, they all came! “Boy” it was fun after such a long time not seeing or meeting my cousins and nephews. We had so much food and drink coz each family bring food from their home for others to enjoy. We talked, told stories, made jokes and even sang together. I can say that I haven't had this much fun with my families and relatives for a long time. I really had a wonderful and colourful Hari Raya gathering this year and hope next year will be the same or even better!

Still in a celebration and colourful mood and after eating all that colourful food. I’ve decided to post some colourful paintings. These painting are from the artist Wassily Kandinsky and here is his biography.

Wassily Kandinsky was born in Moscow, 1866 and died on 1944. Kandinsky was a Synaesthete. He sees sound as colour and vice versa. His colour theory bordered his own interpretations and visual impressions become almost paranormal qualities. His shocking paintings always seemed to stir controversy which is now considered as abstract art….enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Glad you had fun with the family.. Selamat Hari Raya!

    Loving the colors here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails